[vtkusers] Getting Started Questions

Labitt, Bruce labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com
Fri Sep 5 10:56:06 EDT 2008

I originally used ccmake and set "t" for the advanced view.  I did not
use RPATH originally.  In ccmake I set enabling python.

BUILD_TESTING is on.  I just did a make test and found that most tests
failed.  Umm, 916 out of 952 tests failed!

I just realized that I built vtk BEFORE I installed the ATI3D drivers.
That means I did not have "opengl" stuff installed.  So, do I need to
rebuild vtk?  I presume yes.

If I need to rebuild, then what do I do?

make clean ? to uninstall everything

Then delete the contents of /VTK-build
and execute
[VTK-build]$ env CC=/usr/bin/gcc CXX=/usr/bin/g++ ccmake ../VTK

This is because I want to do a out-of-source build.

Does that sound right?  /VTK has the original files, and /VTKData the
data files.

Directory Structure
/home/me
/home/me/VTK	 ==> unmolested extracted files
/home/me/VTK-build ==> where I want stuff to be built
/home/me/VTKData	 ==> unmolested data files

Thanks
-Bruce