[vtkusers] vtkimageviewer2

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:35:31 EDT 2008

Hi Jothy

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:26 PM, jothy basu <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends, I am new to vtk and trying to develope a GUI in PyQt4

ok u r using Qt.

> that shows 3D Dicom images in orthogonal planes. I was able to use
> vtkimageviewer but not the vtkImageViewer2. vtkImageViewer2 crashes
> with some access violation error in module wxmsw28h_core_vc.dll. I

wxmsw28h_core_vc.dll ? Hum I am lost now, r u using wxWidgets or Qt ?

> don't know how to use vtkimageviewer to display sagittal and coronal
> images. any help in this regard will be of great use for me.

Anyway, try first to write an example only using VTK to display your
DICOM file (see VTK Examples/Medical for instance). Once you get there
it is only a matter of changing the vtkRenderWindowInterfactor with
the specialized one (Qt, or wxWidgets once you make up your mind).

HTH
--
Mathieu