[vtkusers] Locating a 3D position in 3D scheme from a XYZ coordinates

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Wed Sep 3 07:27:08 EDT 2008

Hi Wagner,

dummyCoords (pcoords method parameter) needs to be passed

through the calling window but you don't need to use it.  Another

way to calculate xyz coords (for example, x):

double* spacing = m_ImageData->GetSpacing();

double* origin = m_ImageData->GetOrigin();

x = m_coords[0]*spacing[0] + origin[0];

although the method below should work.

Dean

Hi Dean,

My point are defined in int XYZ, which Z are my slice, and XY the simple
pixel coordinate. Are no interpolation here. This points are used to
segment, works fine.
Bu I need to show this points on 3D. The only way that's I know until now
are the celllocation by vtkCell::EvaluateLocation. But are crashing, and I
think are thread problem since this method aren't thread safe. I tried with
the thread safe method too, and are not working. Based on your sugestion, I
tried the second option, which appears to be the correct to my case:

    double dummyCoords[3];
    int mCoords[3] = { m_XPosition, m_YPosition, m_ZPosition };
    int ret = m_ImageData->ComputeStructuredCoordinates(viewCordinates,
mCoords, dummyCoords);
    if(ret >0 )
    {
        std::cout << "Point inside. Coords are: " << viewCordinates[0] << ",
" << viewCordinates[1] << ", " << viewCordinates[2] << endl;
    } else {
        std::cout << "Point outside of volume" << endl;
    }

Well, the point are always outside of the volume. dummyCoords ( pcoords
method parameter ) don't needs to be calculated?

Regards,

Wagner Sales