[vtkusers] vtk>=5.0 + java + mingw

Jerome Robert jeromerobert at users.sf.net
Tue Sep 2 03:37:42 EDT 2008

I did it with vtk 5.2. I had no problem to build it, but the created library
were not well named. I expected things like vtkCommon.dll but I got
libvtkCommon.dll.

So to use a VTK built with mingw I needed to change all my:
System.loadLibrary("foobar");
by
System.loadLibrary("libfoobar");
Unfortunately this would cause my program to bug on Linux as
System.loadLibrary("libfoobar") mean loading liblibfoobar.so

Bug reported: http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=7589

So I switched back to Visual C++ and its wonderful msvcrXX.dll dependencies -_-.

Regards,

Jerome