[vtkusers] vtkDelaunay2D

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:47:48 EDT 2008

This question came up on the list many times in the past but doesn't seem to
have been answered.

I modified the "constrainedDelaunay" example to tesselate the interior of a
simple curve drawn with the mouse. The result looks fine if I constrain the
triangulation by setting the lines of the input polygon data (
polyData->SetLines(); delauney->SetInput(polyData) ), except the output
triangulation fills the whole convex hull of the input curve, which is not
what I want. If I try to constrain the triangulation by setting the polys of
the input polygon ( polyData->SetPolys(); delaunay->SetInput(polyData) ), I
get the following warning:

Warning: In vtkDelaunay2D.cxx, line 961
vtkDelaunay2D (0x819f2d8): Edge not recovered, polygon fill suspect

And most of the time, one or 2 holes in the triangulation. Anyone knows how
to avoid that?

s.