[vtkusers] What the array contains in this case?

B. C. butterfly.1688 at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 28 07:47:11 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
Please, i need help.
I have a polydata, i used vtkCurvatures to compute the maximum curavtures. I did this:
vtkCurvatures *curve = vtkCurvatures::New();
curve->SetInput(myPolyData);
curve->SetCurvatureTypeToMaximum();

vtkPolyData *newPolyData = vtkPolyData::New();
newPolyData = curve->GetOutput();

Then, i used a double aray to store the values of the curvatures and i did this:
vtkDoubleArray *myArray = vtkDoubleArray::SafeDownCast(objetRes->GetPoints());

To access to the curves values stored in the array, i used this:
double curveValue;
vtkIdType nPoints = myArray->GetNumberOfTuples();
for (vtkIdType i=0; i<nPoints; i++)
curveValue = myArray->GetValue(i);

Can you tell me if what i did is right?
- 'newPolyData' is it 'myPolyData' with maximum curvatures?
- What the array 'myArray' really contanis?
- To access to the curev values, is is right to use the finction 'GetValue(i)'?

Thank you