[vtkusers] Algorithm base class question

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at student.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 27 11:47:03 EDT 2008

Hi

Thanks for the very quick response. The problem I have behind is, that
upon calling GetOutput on the Algorithm, I get a:

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x910fbb0): Algorithm
vtkSPHSliceFilter(0x91e0650) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x914b438)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 1918
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

I guessed, that since vtkPointSetAlgorithm (according to the docs) takes
same input as output. I assumed this is the case even if you override
FillInputPortInformation. So switching over to vtkPointSetAlgorithm did
not solve my problems. I attached the source of the filter, but I'm not
sure it helps, because I put a breakpoint on every function in the
source file and never hit any before getting the error
Any ideas?

Thanks
Benjamin