[vtkusers] [CMake] problem to install CMake with VTK_WRAP_JAVA ON

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:41:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Stéphane CALANDE <scalande at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to compile VTK 5.2 with "VTK_WRAP_JAVA" ON.
> I generate the makefile with CMake, but when I compile, I have an error at
> 43% of the installation.
>
> Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkRenderingJava.dll
> Creating library file: ../bin/libvtkRenderingJava.dll.a
> CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingJava.dir/vtkRenderWindowJava.obj:vtkRenderWindowsJava.cxx:(.text+0x23eb):
> undefined reference to '_imp__JAWT_GetAWT at 8'
> CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingJava.dir/vtkRenderWindowJava.obj:vtkRenderWindowsJava.cxx:(.text+0x2597):
> undefined reference to '_imp__JAWT_GetAWT at 8'
> CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingJava.dir/vtkRenderWindowJava.obj:vtkRenderWindowsJava.cxx:(.text+0x26c3):
> undefined reference to '_imp__JAWT_GetAWT at 8'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkRenderingJava.dll] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingJava.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> But I think my JAVA_AWT path is correctly defined in the CMakeCache :
>
> //Path to a library.
> JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_10/lib/jawt.lib
>

> Do you have an idea to help me ?
>

> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> Stéphane
>

> PS: I am on Windows XP 64-bit, I use MinGW & MSys.

I do not think mingw.gcc uses the same symbol convention as M$.  If
you do objdump on the java library + grep, you should find out that
symbol name are close but not quite identical...

Looking on the web you can rename symbols apparently:

http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.mingw.user/2002-07/msg00392.html

hth
--
Mathieu