[vtkusers] Performance testing VTK applications on Mac OS X 10.5.5

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Oct 26 15:37:00 EDT 2008

Hi,
        Is there any good performance testing solution, for testing
VTK applications on Mac OS X 10.5.5?

I have Xcode-3.1.1.

I need a performance testing tool to perform
a. timing measurements for functions and report on the 10 slowest
functions
b. detect memory leaks
c. perform structural analysis (statement coverage and decision
coverage)
d. perform static analysis and report on code quality according to a
set of standards

In the past, I have used IBM Rational Test Real-Time to do the above 4
points, and Telelogic Logiscope for code quality reports, for other
platforms, but these tools are not available for Mac OS X. I was just
wondering if there are some other equivalents tools out there for the
Mac OS X platform, and if someone has used something similar in the
past to do performance testing.

I just want to optimize and tweak the QGraphicsView / VTK off-screen
rendering prototype and improve its performance, after performing a
performance test.

I'd like to do it first, at the app level, and then at the OpenGL
level using the Mac OS X OpenGL profiler.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson