[vtkusers] How to add vtkRenderWindowInteractor to a native Cocoa window

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Oct 26 15:10:41 EDT 2008

Hi,
         I managed to find a solution, but I'm not so sure about the
performance of my solution, mainly if the following call sequence the
absolute bare-minimum and efficient way to get what I want to do.

The code fragment works, however, and it is able to differentiate
between a QGraphicsItem in a scene and the VTK background.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

// Overloaded virtual method for handling mouse press events.
void QVTKGraphicsView::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent* event)
{
	if(!this->scene()->focusItem())
	{
		emit mousePressEvent1(event);