[vtkusers] vtkPointLocator

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Oct 24 10:42:08 EDT 2008

Hi Bryn,

Does FindClosestNPoints work when you set a dataset for the input?  I've
been trying to adapt vtkKdTree so that it has most of the search functions
that vtkPointLocator has (including FindClosestNPoints).  I've been testing
them both and haven't had any noticable problems but I've been using a data
set as the input instead of dynamically inserting points like you are.
Could you send me a sample code with your problem to look at?

Andy

ps.  After I do my changes, you'll probably want to at least test out the
vtkKdTree since it should usually perform much faster than the regular
vtkPointLocator.