[vtkusers] Installing an application that uses VTK

Carl Trapani carl at skytopsoftware.com
Thu Oct 23 15:45:16 EDT 2008

Well ... I need to put the VTK source somewhere, then do CMake and get a
build directory, then make and install that probably using Eclipse CDT.
1) Where should I put the source, build and install dirs for the above?

Then I need to put my applications source somewhere, CMake and compile
it and optionally install it.
2) Suggestions on where to put my source and then where to install my
C++ application (that uses VTK 5.2)?

3) Pointers on tools would be very much appreciated. I'm thinking about
CPack .. but don't really know if this is appropriate. I'm going with
static compilation.

Thanks tons!
Carl