[vtkusers] Does vtkUnstructuredGrid behaves differently in 5.0.4 than 4.4.2?

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Wed Oct 22 13:14:05 EDT 2008

Dear Mathieu,

Thank you very much for taking you time to answer my question. I actually
did try Update() right after I had posted my question. I inserted the call
to Update() right after unstructuredGridData was set to the output of
unstructGridReader as follows

vtkUnstructuredGrid* unstructuredGridData =
dynamic_cast<vtkUnstructuredGrid*>(unstructGridReader->GetOutput());
unstructuredGridData->Update();

Unfortunately, it crashed in vtkDataReader::ReadArray() at the very end at
free(type) right before to return array.

My VTK5.0.4 is compiled with Visual Studio 2008. I wonder if there are some
issues with this particular compiler or simply some settings are incorrectly
set in Cmake 2.6.

I will follow you suggestion to file a bug report.

Thuc