[vtkusers] VTK C++ Library Problem---Ubuntu

Song Chang sc522 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 21 22:56:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I installed all VTK packages under Ubuntu by,

apt-get install libvtk5, libvtk5-dev, libvtk5-qt4, libvtk5-qt4-dev,
vtk-tcl, vtk-examples, vtkdata, vtk-doc

and I want to use VTK by g++. My problem now is I always get the error
while linking, for example like,

"undefined reference vtkConeSource::New()"

I check the vtk library, the file libvtkGraphics.so, and it does not
contain the definition of vtkConeSource::New or things alike.

I feel the online library package is of integrity. Is there any problem
with my installation?

Thanks