[vtkusers] VTK compile error: gcc 3.32, Solaris 10

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue Oct 21 11:24:33 EDT 2008

Ok, this is the faulty line in your system glx.h:

extern void (*glXGetProcAddress(const GLubyte *procname))();

there is () instead of (void). On by default, in C, () means (int).

For example, on Linux, I have /usr/include/GL/glx.h has:
extern void (*glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte *procName))(void);

I'll see how I can work around this wrong system definition.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM,  <sthamer at vt.edu> wrote:
> Here you are.
>
> Quoting Francois Bertel <francois.bertel at kitware.com>:
>
>> Can you attach you glx.h, please?
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Stephen Hamer <sthamer at vt.edu> wrote:
>> > Getting more interesting... The install of GL/GLU/GLX on this computer is
>> > the native SUN distribution that came with Solaris. The only instance of
>> the
>> > file glxext.h on my computer is in the VTK folder, though. "glxinfo" does
>> > not exist on my computer, though files such as glx.h do. So, if glxext.h
>> > only exists in the VTK directory, where could the conflict be coming from?
>> > checked all other GL* files on my computer for the __GLXextFuncPtr string
>> as
>> > well, it doesn't appear anywhere in my system than in the VTK directory.

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive