[vtkusers] VTK compile error: gcc 3.32, Solaris 10

Stephen Hamer sthamer at vt.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:46:13 EDT 2008

Hi vtkusers!

I am new to this list, and sort of new to VTK. My problem though is building
it. I am using gcc 3.3.2, cmake 2.4.8, and make 3.8.1 on a Solaris 10
machine (not the native packages), and get the following error.

[ 68%] Building CXX object

Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.o

/packages/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.cxx: In member function
`virtual void (*vtkOpenGLExtensionManager::GetProcAddress(const char*))()':

/packages/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.cxx:261: error: invalid
static_cast from type `void (*)(...)' to type `void (*)()'

make[2]: ***
[Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems like some sort of incompatibility with my gcc version, but I really
am not sure. I get something similar when building FTLK on the same machine.
I've searched the internet and this list and come up short for a solution. I
was wondering if anyone has seen something like this before and could help
me out. Thank you very much!

-Stephen