[vtkusers] Fw: Lost in VTK - Color Mapping (desperate for help)

Ada Som somada141 at yahoo.gr
Mon Oct 20 06:40:19 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the process of working on my doctoral thesis where I
am developing a Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) program using
Python.

What I want to do is after calculating the scalar values
for the electric and magnetic fields E,H is to make a plot where one
can see the propagation of the waves (much like the attached image).

http://utopia.duth.gr/~ak2432/pic1.png

In
a few words I want to use a 2D array full of numbers (a numpy array)
which I will plot in order to achieve a result much like the one on the
attached image. Further more I would like to include color mapping
according to the values.

>From what I understand VTK is more than able to deliver.

am a beginner in VTK and even after scouring the net all I could come
up was examples either written in TCL or C++ (not Python) and even then
most of them relied on other files for input not included.  I am quite
lost and desperate since the clock is ticking...

If
you could please help me either by sending a code snippet or example
file, or directing me to examples that work and can enlight me I would
really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance and sorry for wasting your time,

Adam

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύματα (spam);   Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
http://mail.yahoo.gr