[vtkusers] Coloring vector components as RGB

Pelt, R.F.P. van R.F.P.v.Pelt at tue.nl
Sun Oct 19 13:11:22 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently working with a vtkImageData, containing single component
scalar values

and a vector field. I've been playing around with vtkGlyph3D to get some
arrows plotted.

I would like to have the arrows colored where the x, y and z components
are mapped to R,G,B colors.

This seems a trivial thing to do, but unfortunately I cannot find how to
do this using VTK.

(By default VTK tends to be using LUTs and scalar mappings as far as I
can tell)

Can anyone please help me to get this fixed?

Furthermore I would like to have a vtkImagePlane slicing through the
volume, where the texture on

the plane should also map the vector components to RGB. I have similar
problem with this.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Roy

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------

arrow2D = vtkGlyphSource2D::New();

arrow2D->SetGlyphTypeToArrow();

arrow2D->FilledOff();

glyph = arrow2D->GetOutput();

// Create the glyphFilter with a certain threshold set

vtkThresholdPoints *thresholdPoints = vtkThresholdPoints::New();

thresholdPoints->SetInput(data);

thresholdPoints->ThresholdByUpper(threshold);

vtkMaskPoints  *maskPoints = vtkMaskPoints::New();

maskPoints->SetInput(thresholdPoints->GetOutput());

maskPoints->SetOnRatio(10);

vtkGlyph3D     *glyphFilter = vtkGlyph3D::New();

glyphFilter->SetInput(maskPoints->GetOutput());

glyphFilter->SetSource(glyph);

glyphFilter->SetVectorModeToUseVector();

glyphFilter->SetScaleFactor(0.005);

glyphFilter->OrientOn();

// Create the glyphMapper

vtkPolyDataMapper *glyphMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();

glyphMapper->SetInput(glyphFilter->GetOutput());

// Configure the glyphActor

if(glyphActor == NULL) glyphActor = vtkActor::New();

glyphActor->SetMapper(glyphMapper);