[vtkusers] vtkStandardNewMacro problems with MSVC9

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 17 17:41:57 EDT 2008

Compiling and linking to standard VTK classes work fine.

As soon as I start using my own algorithms (e.g. derived from
vtkUnstructuredGridAlgorithm) I get linking problems about unresolved New(),
which I trace down to vtkStandardNewMacro. I see this macro goes very deep
and suggests that so created objects must be somehow registered, but on linux
the same code works just fine. What am I doing wrong?

with regards,
Dominik
--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.