[vtkusers] Delaunay surface triangulation in 3D

Doug Hackworth doug.hackworth at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 17 17:30:23 EDT 2008

Magnotta, Vincent A wrote:
> I believe that you want
>
> vtkGeometryFilter* geom = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
> geom->SetInput( delny->GetOutput() );
> geom->Update();

Aha!  That did it!  Exactly what I was needing -- thanks!

Just for my edification, why did this work when my first method did not?
  According to the documentation, SetInput() takes a vtkDataObject* .
GetOutput() returns a vtkUnstructuredGrid*, which is legal since
vtkUnstructuredGrid is derived from vtkDataObject -- but then why didn't
passing in a pointer to a vtkPolyData (also derived from vtkDataObject)
do the same thing?  I suppose it must have been something about the way
I was "coercing" an unstructured grid into a PolyData, but what?

Many thanks, everyone.