[vtkusers] How to use 'vtkCurvatures' class?

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Fri Oct 17 15:41:05 EDT 2008

You'll want to use vtkCurvatures with curvature type set to maximum.
Then pass the output of that filter to a vtkThreshold, using the
ThresholdByUpper method to indicate the values to keep. Example c++ code
is shown below.

vtkCurvatures *curv = vtkCurvatures::New();
curv->SetCurvatureTypeToMaximum();

vtkThreshold *thresh = vtkThreshold::New();
thresh->SetInputConnection(curv->GetOutputPort());
thresh->ThresholdByUpper(0.5); // using the example value you provided.

Online documentation for vtkCurvatures is here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCurvatures.html.
Online documentation for vtkThreshold is here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkThreshold.html.

- Amy