[vtkusers] QVTK problem

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Thu Oct 16 09:46:17 EDT 2008

Hello John,

You shouldn't need to manually edit the cmakefiles. I use vtk5.2.0 together
with qt4 and vs9 no problem.
What I need to set sometimes are some missing paths for qt in the cmake GUI.
( you should set the environment variables in windows: "QT_DIR" (pointing to
e.g. c:\QT4\bin)
and QT_INCLUDE (pointing to e.g. c:\QT4\include)
So after enabling VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT and VTK_USE_QVTK you should see a lot
of additional QT Settings (check Show Advanced Settings in cmake).
(Also the system should give a warning if some needed Settings couldn't be
found. You can just set the paths directly then, most of them are self
explanatory (and you don't need to set them all actually).
Then you need to recompile VTK. If you have linking errors either you
compiled QT with different setting or you missed to set some paths. If
everything worked out you will find qvtkwidget.lib or dll depending on your
build. (debug and release versions)

Now just cmake and compile the example QSimpleView. Its recommended to
always start from from one of the Qt examples to let cmake integrate QT and
VTK together in one project.

Good luck

Michael