[vtkusers] QVTK problem

John Smith af3113 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 09:26:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to CMake, Qt and Vtk. I
try to use QVTK. I have a linking problem and after searching for a
solution over the vtk forum, I figured out that the solution is to
Enable to variables (VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT and VTK_USE_QVTK). Fine, I did
this via the CMake GUI but the error still exists. I have checked the "VTKConfig.cmake" file in the build directory, the
two variables (VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT and VTK_USE_QVTK) are set to "OFF" and "" respectively. Well, I tried to manually change their
values in the "vtk5_VTKConfig.cmake.in" file in the source directory.
Then, the ""VTKConfig.cmake" file has now the right configuration, but
another problem arises that CMake can't find Vtk5 using the command
(FIND_PACKAGE). Really, I became frustrated about that problem, can
anybody help?

Thank you,

Ahmed

P.S. I can use VTK and QT without problems. The problem appears when I try to use QVTK. In addition, below is the list of my working environment:
CMake version: 2.6.2
VTK version: 5
QT version: 4
OS: Windows XP SP3