[vtkusers] Cocoa, Python, VTK and wx embedded window problems

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:43:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:02 AM, John Donker <j.h.donker at home.nl> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2008, at 1:08 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>
>> You will need to "Rez" the compiled executable although on Leopard that is
>> deprecated I believe. Did you write your own "main()" method? If so you can
>> try the following:
>>
> There is one problem with this approach I am accesing VTK with Python. So I
> could try to rez the python executable?

John,

  You cannot use the cocoa framework from python. If you get the
source code of wxPython, you'll see that the wxPyGetWinHandle function
always return the Carbon handle (static cast).
  I maintained the wxVTK at http://wxvtk.sf.net and even from C++ this
is not easy (or I could not get it right).

2cts
--
Mathieu