[vtkusers] How to put Qt widgets on top of a VTK OpenGL scene

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Wed Oct 15 16:21:29 EDT 2008

Hi,
         I've also observed one more thing. In the Trolltech example,
we subclass from QGraphicsView, which in turn subclasses from QWidget.
QVTKWidget also subclasses from QWidget.

When we use the QVTKPlugin, we're using it with a QDialog, and can
drag and drop the QVTKWidget plugin using Qt Designer into a dialog
form. QDialog is a subclass of QWidget.

So, in essence, it does not matter if we use a QGraphicsView or
QDialog widget, but what matters is that we ensure that we have a
QGLWidget ready to draw.

Still haven't figured out the rest of the stuff, but I think there is
a possibility that the existing example could be done away with and we
adapt it to using just a QVTKWidget plugin, that subclasses from
QGLWidget.

Do correct me if I'm on the wrong track here! :-)

Best regards,

Elvis