[vtkusers] undefined reference

Yenan Qu yq07 at fsu.edu
Wed Oct 15 12:03:02 EDT 2008

Hi, all,

 I have built the vtk5.0.4  without problem. But, when I compile my
 code with  the new VTK, I got the error below"

 /home/yenanqu/VTK-BUILD/lib/libvtkCommonPythonD.so: undefined
 reference to `vtkDirectory::FileIsDirectory(char const*)'
 /home/yenanqu/VTK-BUILD/lib/libvtkCommonPythonD.so: undefined
 reference to `vtkObject::RemoveAllObservers()'

 I have check vtk source code for both .h and . cxx, the methods
 vtkDirectory::FileIsDirectory and tkObject::RemoveAllObservers()
 are well delcared and difined there without differences from
 others. Does any one know  why  it wasn't just builded in to the lib?
 Thank you in advance.

 Yenan