[vtkusers] Cropping out zeros

Fabio Meneghini fab.meneghini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:35:37 EDT 2008

Hi,
Mine is a simple problem, but I'm a newbie on vtk.
I got a StructuredPoints, but as it comes from a thirdy party sorftware, it
has a lot of zeros padded all around my volume of interest.
Is there any method to automatically crop out the zeros, and then have an
image with smaller extent?
I saw there are useful functions such as ExtractVOI and ImageClip, but they
doesn't select automatically the outputs bounds. And the method Crop()  (for
the ImageData, StructuredPoints, etc.) well...I can't really get what it
does...

Thanks, bye

Fabio