[vtkusers] How to import NASA SRTM DEM data into VTK

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 11:15:57 EDT 2008

Ahh, yes you're right! :-)

Mount St. Helen's was supposed to be in the center, but each cell
sample is only 90m x 90m. I used the 3 arc-seconds (90m) sample data.
So, I guess I need to import a larger surface area and then try to re-
construct Mount St. Helen's in 3D.

Any tips or pointers on how I can tile multiple raster images
containing elevation data to reconstruct a 3D terrain over a larger
area? I can try this out immediately and then compare it with the 3D
surface reconstructed using the VTK supplied St.Helens DEM ASCII file.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson