[vtkusers] Problem with SetResolveCoincidentTopology

PsyVis osue80 at bangor.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 07:28:29 EDT 2008

Hello

I'm trying to render two surfaces with some points in exactly the space
space, the renderer  can't cope and doesn't know which triangles to draw
causeing some strange flickering effect, I've tried using the
SetResolveCoincidentTopology (both z shift and polygonoffset) methods to
deal with this but it still doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Here is how I'm using the SetResolveCoincidentTopology methods

        partMapperwl = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
        partMapperwl.SetInput(normals.GetOutput());
        partMapperwl.SetLookupTable(lut);

        partMapperwl.SetResolveCoincidentTopologyZShift(0.1);
        partMapperwl.SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToShiftZBuffer();

and

        partMapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
        partMapper.SetInput(normals.GetOutput());

        partMapper.SetResolveCoincidentTopologyZShift(0.5);
        partMapper.SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToShiftZBuffer();