[vtkusers] possible inconsistency in vtkDataSetMapper

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 9 15:29:41 EDT 2008

According to the docs:

"The ScalarVisibility flag controls whether scalar data (if any) controls the
color of the associated actor(s) that refer to the mapper"

I set my grid actor's color to white:

	gridActor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,1,1);

Now I color my actor to my liking:

	gridMapper->SelectColorArray("Quality");
	gridMapper->SetScalarVisibility(1);

and as soon as I no longer want any coloring I do

	gridMapper->SetScalarVisibility(0);

which behaves correctly, i.e. the mesh is again white.

HOWEVER!

if I turn on plotting edges and their color was set to black:

	gridActor->GetProperty()->SetEdgeColor(0,0,0);
	gridActor->GetProperty()->SetEdgeVisibility(1);

The color of my grid is black too as long as EdgeVisibility is on. When off,
the mesh is white again.

I tried setting edge color to green -> in that case the mesh is green to. So
something is wrong with the vtkMapper as the actor magically inherits the
edges color - or am I blind to something obvious? Please comment before I
file a bug.

Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.