[vtkusers] Proving a surface mesh of closeness

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Oct 9 09:28:22 EDT 2008

I am not a mathematician or theorist so I only have other people to go
on for this.

Wikipedia - Take it or leave it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_characteristic

Other sources:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/junkyard/euler/
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PolyhedralFormula.html
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EulerCharacteristic.html
http://www2.in.tu-clausthal.de/~hormann/papers/Hormann.2002.AEW.pdf

I think I agree for a mesh that does not consist of ALL triangles.
Then you are probably correct but for a triangular mesh that is closed
the formula has been proven. It is important to understand those
conditions and thanks for the heads up.

Mike