[vtkusers] Error Mayavi + vtk: ImportError: No module named vtk

elie chahine econly4u at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:47:01 EDT 2008

Dear all, I would be so greatfull if someone gives me some help...
I installed vtk to use it with Mayavi. All the installation process went good for both softwares. When I try to open Mayavi i have the following error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/mayavi", line 289, in ?
import vtk
ImportError: No module named vtk

Can anyone tell me please what is about and what should I do? I'm not that professional in Linux so please dont use big words in ur responses :)

Thanks a lot
Elie