[vtkusers] Display slices at the same depth with vtkImageViewer2

France Laliberte flaliber at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 8 18:43:52 EDT 2008

Hi all,

In the documentation for vtkImageViewer2 it is written "Each call to
SetSlice() changes the image data (slice) displayed AND changes the
depth of the displayed slice in the 3D scene."

Is there a way to change the image data (slice) BUT NOT THE DEPTH? I
would like to display every slice of my image volume at the same depth.
I have an isosurface model in my scene and I would like each slice of my
image volume to be displayed at the same depth  in relation to this
volume (I am displaying each slice one after the other, like a video
instead than an image volume).

I have tried using vtkImageActor alone without vtkImageViewer2 and also
inserting vtkImageClip but the slices are always displayed at different
depths.

Any help would be appreciated.

France