[vtkusers] ChoosePixelFormat error

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Wed Oct 8 12:09:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

            I'm trying to solve an annoying problem with my VTK window.
Once in a while (about 1/3 of the time), when I'm running my application
in debug mode, I keep getting the ChoosePixelFormat error.  The debugger
shows that it happens when I set the renderwindow.  I have updated my
Video Drivers and am using the NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450.  (Note: This also
tends to happen in Release mode).

            Here's the general code:

    vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor* iren =
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::New();

    iren->SetInstallMessageProc(0);

    // setup the parent window

    this->pvtkWin32OpenGLRW->SetWindowId(this->GetSafeHwnd());

this->pvtkWin32OpenGLRW->SetParentId(::GetParent(this->GetSafeHwnd()));

    iren->SetRenderWindow(this->pvtkWin32OpenGLRW);

            Is there anything that I'm forgetting to do?

Doug