[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] Question : Performance problem of gdcmviewer

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:50:07 EDT 2008

2008/10/8 石原昌文 <m-ishihara at 3zweb.co.jp>:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> But, the date you offered in the last e-mail is the multi-frame data,
> So it isn't rendered all the data in the one window at one time.
> As a result of that, the data size isn't larger than the data I sent.

No the data does not shrink when rendered. this is about the same data
size (stored on disk). My point was to demonstrate that you are
hitting some kind of limit on the texture size (width or height of
your image).

> By the way, I wonder if the gdcmviewer uses OpenGL.
> Because, there is no OpenGL header files in the include files of the
> gdcmviewer as follows;

Remove the GL/gl.h or the GL.dll from your system and try to
compile/run it again...

> If so, the gdcmviewer doesn't use OpenGL.
> What do you think of it?

Kitware offer paid support for VTK, you should contact them directly.

--
Mathieu