[vtkusers] How read stack of TIF images

Carl Trapani carl at skytopsoftware.com
Tue Oct 7 10:41:15 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm trying to display a stack of 10 RGB cross section images as a
volume. The images are in-situ hybridization cross sections of the mouse
cerebellum that have been manually segmented and thresholded. You can
see them here:

http://www.skytopsoftware.com/grits/ish/PAX6_P05/

The files are TIF or PNG or I can convert to some other standard format.

1) vtkVolume16Reader doesn't seem appropriate, is it? Are there any
other vtkVolumeReader sub-classes that I might use?
2) What format are the images in VTKData/Data/headsq/quarter?
3) Any suggestions on classes to use or example to look at?

I'm using VTK 5.2.

Thanks,
Carl