[vtkusers] Major speed up (was Re: vtkImageViewer2 / vtkImageActor (was Re: Sample code using VTK and DICOM))

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 04:27:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:20 AM, masabumi ishihara
<maty.ishihara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
> But, unfortunately, it failed.
> Because the original code is as follows;
>
>>  if ( size[0] > GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE ||
>>       size[1] > GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE )
>
>>    {
>>    return 0;
>>    }
>
> According to the above code, if the size[0] or size[0] exceed
> GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE,
> the gdcmviewer will be forced to stop.

say what ? Just apply the patch, and trust me it works perfectly for
me. Unix command is 'patch -p0 < nameofthefile.patch'

> But, the gdcmviewer haven't stoped with the large DICOM Data, yet.
>
> Then, I have to conclude that the above code is not the cause of the poor
> performance.
>
> What do you think of it?

-> http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#How_should_I_ask_questions_on_the_mailing_lists.3F
in particular you should *really* read

I cannot diagnose your actual issue if you are not giving me the
actual details on how to reproduce it:
- piece of code
- actual dataset used
- system you are using (OS, compiler).

In any case, the recent patch from Francois, solved a major issue for
me (and the rest of the world), in that it actually allow me to use my
opengl driver properly for texture larger than 1024 !

--
Mathieu