[vtkusers] Usage of the method SetOutputExtent(...); class vtkImageReslice

Stefan Wörteler swoerteler at stud.fh-dortmund.de
Sun Oct 5 12:18:33 EDT 2008

Hello vtkUsers,

I have a little Problem with the usage of vtkImageImageReslice,
especially with the Method SetOutputExtent(int, int, int, int, int,int).

I read in some Images with the vtkBMPReader. Now I try to "cut" a part
out of the ReaderResult, to avoid proceeding with all the Image data. I
asked a vtk Expert what to do, an he recommened the Method
SetOutputExtent of the class vtkImageReslice. Now I ask myself, what is
the meaning of the parameters?? the X-Range, the Y-Range and then the
Z-Range? And if it is so, where in the ReaderOutput are my Axes??

I'm am not able to "cut" the correct Piece out of my Imagestack...

What means for Example

vtkImageReslice* sc = vtkImagfeReslice::New();
sc->SetInput(bmpr->GetOutput()); //bmpr-> the updatet BMPReader
sc->SetOutputExtent(0,100,0,100,1,44);

Where is in this case my ImageOrigin?

I hope, you can help me, in the Case of further questions you can ask me...

Best regards,

Stefan