[vtkusers] VTK newbie: please help_vtkOBJReader & vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter problem

PsyVis osue80 at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 06:08:20 EDT 2008

Hello

I'm using the BandedContour Filter in java, I've used exactly the same
procedure as you (
        bcf = new vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter();
        bcf.SetInput(part.GetOutput()); // comes from the reader
        bcf.GenerateValues(50, part.GetOutput().GetScalarRange());
        bcf.SetScalarModeToValue();

        bcf.GenerateContourEdgesOn();

        vtkPolyDataMapper edgeMapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
        edgeMapper.SetInput(bcf.GetContourEdgesOutput());
)

, but the only thing I didn't do was the:

 bcf3.Update();

Try getting rid of that update line and see if it works

Rich