[vtkusers] Sample code using VTK and DICOM

masabumi ishihara maty.ishihara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:41:29 EDT 2008

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your splendid opinion.
This time, we compareed two viewers' preformances.
Unfortunately, the results are as follows;

                                                     CPU rate
performance of moving
  gdcmviewer with release mode          50~60%                slow
  our prototype viewer                         50~60%              real time

  DICOM Data : LittleEndianExplicit  15,000 KB

Can you believe the above results?
Do you have any reason, e.g. memory sled ..., ?
Our prototype viewer is simple 2D viewer, which doesn't have any interface
to VTK, ITK GDCM.
Then, we would like to use the other viewer for the future.
But, it have to be real time operative.

Thanks,

Maty