[vtkusers] File format: DataArray's from external files?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 27 13:53:20 EST 2008

Hi there,

I'm working on some particle data for which I have several time
steps. I'm creating a separate XML file for each time step, but there
is some data that is persistent for all time steps, for example
the radius of each particle. Rather than adding the radius data
to each file for each time step, I would love to create a separate
file that holds the radius data, then have every timestep's data
file reference that external file -- something like:

<DataArray type="Float32" Name="radius" format="ascii" file="radius.dat">
</DataArray>

Anyways, I tried this and it didn't work, so I was wondering if
the VTK format had support for this sort of thing at all?

Cheers,
Chris

( Chris Want                                                         )
( Research Computing Support                                         )
( Academic Information and Communication Technologies (AICT)         )
( University of Alberta                                              )
( Tel: 1-780-492-9418                                                )