[vtkusers] problems loading images

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Wed Nov 19 22:26:15 EST 2008

Hi Julio;

My impression is that the Examples/ have not always kept up with the
library. For instance some of them use classes that have long
dissapeared from the library. I suspect that this is one of those cases.

Despite this the Examples/ are still a reasonable guide. However, some
of them need a slight tweek in order to get them working. One exception
to this is ParallelProcessing/Generic which has become completely
obsolete over the last few releases of the library.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Julio Pastrana wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As mentioned in my previews emial I am still stating with VTK
> I was trying some of the tcl examples and I just keep getting
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> Examples:
>
> >vtk TestJPEGReader.tcl
> Segmentation fault
>
> >vtk Histogram.tcl
> Segmentation fault
>
> some others examples for ImageRead and ImageRead2
>
> and others ..
>
> I also tested other examples
> some basic ones like flamingo.tcl
> Helloworld.tcl vtkHelloworld etc etc
> and they worked like a charm ..
>

> I have a ubuntu linux box and I intalled all the
> necessary binaries with the Package Manager (apt-get)
>
> Any ideas why I am getting this error
>
> Thanks
>
> Julio
>

> Thanks