[vtkusers] [QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py] GL_MULTISAMPLE disabled by default?

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:17:34 EST 2008

Hello Again,

The reason for my previous mail
 - http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-November/098400.html
was my struggle to understand how vtk uses opengl to solve the following
problem:
Using PyQt4 with QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py (part of vtk) gives me no anti-
aliasing.

The attached python script draws the same scene as the C++ source at the email
mentioned above.  At the very top one can choose the GUI toolkit to use:
{{{
GUI='qt' # no antialiasing
#GUI='vtk' # antialiasing
#GUI='tk' # antialiasing
#GUI='wx' # no antialiasing (wx is presented just for completeness)
}}}
As the comments state only native vtk and tk interactors give anti-aliasing.

Francois pointed me to MultiSamples and my impression is, that
glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE) wasn't called in case of PyQt4 and wx (Qt4-C++ with
QVTKWidget works fine, btw.) .

I will investigate further, but I'm thankful for any hints.

Thanks,
 -- Maik