[vtkusers] remove triangles from polydata

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 16 14:01:33 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a vtkPolydata 3D surface comprised of triangles

with scalar values associated with the point data.  I want

to remove all triangles having a scalar value of 0 at all

three points of the triangles.  After which, I want to measure

the volume of the surface using vtkMassProperties.

vtkThreshold does almost exactly

what I need with the exception that it outputs a

vtkUnstructuredGrid and not a vtkPolyData.

vtkThreshold* threshold = vtkThreshold::New();

threshold->SetInputConnection( poly );

threshold->AllScalarsOn();

threshold->SetPointsDataTypeToFloat();

threshold->SetAttributeModeToUsePointData();

threshold->ThresholdByUpper( 0 );

How can I recover a vtkPolyData? I have

seen vtkUnstructuredGridToPolyDataFilter

but this is an abstract class.

Dean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean Inglis, PhD