[vtkusers] How to transfer

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 04:54:02 EST 2008

On 2008/11/16 xx_zx wrote:

> I am trying to calculate the volume, surface, centriod of the structures from
> DICOM RT files. Because the input of vtkMassProperties can only be
> triangles, I tried to convert structures(discrete points stored in
> vtkPoints) to triangles using vtkDelaunay3D and vtkTriangleFilter. However,
> the output of vtkDelaunay3D is vtkUnstructuredGrid while the input of
> vtkTriangleFilter is vtkPolyData. Can anyone know how to transfer
> vtkUnstructuredGrid to vtkPolyData?

If you want to compute the volume and surface of your data, I guess that
your discrete points represent a closed surface.  You then need to
reconstruct this surface from your dataset in order to apply vtkTriangleFilter
and vtkMassProperties.  See Examples/Modelling/Tcl/reconstructSurface.tcl,
you can plug 'reverse' output into vtkTriangleFilter.

Denis