[vtkusers] Adding points to a vtkPolyData

Steffen Oeltze stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Nov 13 06:46:07 EST 2008

Dear VTK users,

I would like to insert a new point in an existing vtkPolyData (triangle
mesh). This new point is located somewhere in a vtkCell and has some
scalar values associated with it. I would like now to subdivide the
vtkCell creating 3 new triangles and assign the scalar information from
my point to the new vertex in the vtkPolyData. I have to repeat the
process for a couple of points. In the end, I will have a vtkPolyData
with n vertices and m (m<n) vertices will have associated scalar
information. My second question would then be how VTK deals with
incomplete information?

Best Regards,
Steffen

--
Dipl.-Ing. Steffen Oeltze
Department of Simulation and Graphics, School of Computer Science

Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg
GERMANY

Phone:  (+49-391) 67-1 25 27
Fax:    (+49 391) 67-1 11 64