[vtkusers] Compile QT 4.4.

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:45:14 EST 2008

Hi, Eric:

  Thanks for your instruction.

  1). I downloaded and installed Qt 4.4.3 and VTK 5.2 on my computer. As before, I compiled VTK 5.2 using CMake2.4 and bulit using VC++ 6 sucessfully with with BUILD_EXAMPLES: ON and VTK_USE_INFOVIS: ON.

 2). After installing the Qt 4.4.3, I run the configure command under Qt folder.

 3). When I complied Qt 4.4.3 with VTK 5.2 using CMake 2.4 with VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT: ON and VTK_USE_QVTK: ON. Unfortunately, an error appeared and  the CMake could not find the desired Qt 4.4, which I specified in CMake. Please see the attached screen snapshot.

4). Some patches of the CMakelists are listed as follows.

 INCLUDE( ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindQt${DESIRED_QT_VERSION}.cmake )

IF(NOT QT_FOUND)
  MESSAGE("Qt was not found")
ELSE(NOT QT_FOUND)

Also the entire CMakelist.txt is attached.

 Since it is my first time to compile QT, please forgive me for any ignorance.

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY, 40292
U.S.A