[vtkusers] Zoom Question

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:29:52 EST 2008

Hi Paulo,

It is impossible to zoom a 2D actor.  Instead, you have to magnify the
image before it goes to the vtkImageMapper.  To zoom by an integer
factor, you can use something like vtkImageMagnify to enlarge the
image and then vtkImageClip to crop the image to the desired size.

You might find it easier to use vtkImageActor, though, since
vtkImageActor is a 3D actor and you can just zoom the camera.

    David