[vtkusers] Problem getting correct results with vtkProjectedTerrainPath

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Nov 10 13:21:57 EST 2008

Hi Amy,
                  Could you please help me out by giving me a code
fragment on how to achieve this? I have created an outline below.

I've created a vtkImageData and set it's dimensions by reading the max
extent of the original DEM file. I hope that is correct. Now
vtkProjectedPath::SetSource(vtkImageData* ) expects a vtkImageData*,
and I don't know how to pass the vtkImageData object called
elevationData to this method. I have highlighted it in red below.

I have put the wrap scalar code fragment below. Could you please help
me with a code fragment to extract the vtkImageData from the wrap
scalar output?

# Create a reader to read the unstructured grid data.
vtkDataSetReader reader
     reader SetFileName "SampleDEM.vtk"

# Get the physical xy extent of dataset
scan [[reader GetOutput] GetWholeExtent] "%d %d %d %d %d %d" XminR
XmaxR YminR YmaxR ZminR ZmaxR

..

# Now warp the surface based on the scalar elevation values
# This creates the 3D mesh model of the terrain.
vtkWarpScalar surface
   surface SetInput [geom GetOutput]
   surface SetScaleFactor 0.1; # $scale variable controls vertical
exaggeration

# Use a probe filter to obtain elevation data from the reconstructed
surface
vtkImageData elevationData
   elevationData SetDimensions $XmaxR $YmaxR $ZmaxR

#vtkProbeFilter

vtkProjectedTerrainPath projectedPaths
   projectedPaths SetInput terrainPaths
   projectedPaths SetSource [elevationData]
   projectedPaths SetHeightOffset 25
   projectedPaths SetHeightTolerance 5
   projectedPaths SetProjectionModeToNonOccluded
   projectedPaths SetProjectionModeToHug

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson