[vtkusers] Problem reading in large textures in GeoTIFF format

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Thu Nov 6 07:50:14 EST 2008

Hi,
        I got a reply from the Mac OpenGL list that the max supported
texture size is 8K*8K, but that anything over 4K will give the
corrupted results.

What do I do? The other textures are around 34MB in size. How can I
handle this using VTK? This texture is the land surface image that
will need to be draped over DEM data, and these files can be large.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

Max texture size is 8k*8k on the 8600 (as reported), but I'm pretty
sure anything over 4k gives the results you describe. I've experienced
it, but as it takes down the machine (sorta, you can't see what you're
doing) I didn't narrow in on the exact cause.